quarta-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2014

My outfit #11 - Errands time

We all have to do it sometimes, but I deeply dislike running errands. When I really, really must go and can't delay it any longer, I spend an entire half a day at it. I had the aftertoon off today, and there I went, sad and lonely...

When I know I have a busy day ahead, I pay very close attention to my feet: comfy shoes are the first to be picked and become the most important piece of the outfit. These grey shoes are great: a high enough heel to make me feel elegant and tall, but also very comfortable and steady for walking. Wonderful shoes, indeed!


Grey jeans and a grey long cardigan match the shoes, but I was feeling like having color, so I wore a purplish jumper with a very large collar, something of a bib collar, really. It gave me not just the pop of color I was going for, but also some visual interest to the bust line. When an outfit is as simple as this, a different cleavage or a ruffle or a special embellishment can make a difference and add a touch of refinement. 

The bag is a recent buy and I love it: the golden spikes make it stand out and it's large enough to endure the huge load I stuff in it every single time I wear it... The earrings are just the perfect color for this jumper and they are also my favourite shape: the long and lean tear drops favour faces like mine, smaller on the lower half. 

As a special bonus to my boring afternoon, the sun came out and I was able to take the photos with real sunlight. Finally!

Todos temos que passar por isso de vez em quando, mas não gosto mesmo nada de fazer recados e tratar de assuntos pendentes. Quando tem mesmo, mesmo, que ser e já não posso adiar mais, gasto meio-dia nessa tarefa. Tinha a tarde de folga, hoje, e lá fui eu, triste e solitária...

Quando sei que tenho um dia cheio pela frente, escolho o calçado com a máxima atenção: sapatos confortáveis são a primeira e mais importante peça de vestuário. Estes sapatos cinzentos são óptimos: o salto é suficientemente alto para me fazer sentir alta e elegante, mas são estáveis e bons para andar. Excelentes sapatos, na verdade!

Jeans cinza e um cardigan longo e igualmente cinza combinam com os sapatos, mas apetecia-me usar algo colorido e usei uma camisola de um tom de púrpura com uma gola muito grande. A camisola deu não apenas a cor que fazia falta, mas também algum interesse à zona do peito. Quando um conjunto é tão simples como este, um decote diferente, um folho ou um enfeite podem fazer a diferença e acrescentar um toque de sofisticação.


A mala é uma compra recente e adoro-a: as aplicações douradas fazem-na sobressair e é suficientemente grande para suportar a carga que lhe ponho dentro de todas as vezes que a uso... Os brincos têm a cor perfeita para a camisola e têm também o formato ideal: as gotas longas e estreitas favorecem um rosto como o meu, que é mais estreito na parte inferior.

Como bónus especial para a minha tarde entediante, o Sol apareceu e pude tirar as fotos com luz solar. Finalmente!

Today, I'm happy to be linking up with Patti, from Not dead yet style. Thank you!

The Look

Shoes / Sapatos - Deichmann
Jeans - C&A
Jumper / Camisola - C&A
Cardigan - Globe
Bag / Mala - Carpisa
Earrings / Brincos - C&A

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário