sexta-feira, 9 de maio de 2014

A mint way to hide a scar


I've mentioned quite a few times that my heart surgery left me an ugly scar across my chest and the truth is that I've been having a lot of grief over it. Maybe I'll feel differently some day, but for now that scar only means that I can't wear my favourite clothes (I love a deep cleavage!), that I can't be in the sun, that I won't be able to go to the beach this summer... It's hard to cope with the thought that my body is damaged and that reminder with be here forever.



Not wanting to give up on beauty and fashion, imagination is put to the test: higher necklines and scarves are my best friends but it's getting hot during the day and now I found a new helper: bib necklaces! They must be big enough, have the right V shape and be thick (to prevent skin burns due to the sun), but they're fun to wear and give just a TCHARAN! effect that I love.




Today, I wore a mint necklace I bought a few days before surgery and built the outfit around it: mint light cardigan, white top, dark jeans and a teal clutch, just to make it a little more colorful.

The weather has been perfect these days and the light is pouring into our homes, as you can see in the photos. Spring in Portugal is a time everybody should enjoy someday.

Have fun!



Já referi algumas vezes que a minha cirurgia cardíaca me deixou uma cicatriz bem feia no meio do peito e a verdade é que tenho tido um grande desgosto por isso. Talvez um dia sinta as coisas de outra forma, mas, para já, esta cicatriz significa que não posso usar as minhas roupas preferidas (adoro um decote pronunciado!), que não posso apanhar sol, que não vou poder ir à praia este verão... É difícil aceitar a ideia de que o meu corpo está danificado e que este lembrete ficará aqui para sempre.






Não querendo desistir da beleza e da moda, a imaginação é posta à prova: decotes subidos e lenços são os meus melhores amigos, mas já está calor durante o dia e encontrei uma nova ajuda: os colares tipo babete! Têm de ser suficientemente grandes, terem a forma de V e serem espessos (para evitar as queimaduras solares), mas são divertidos de usar e dão aquele efeito TCHARAN! que adoro.




Hoje, usei um colar cor de menta (ou verde-água) que comprei alguns dias antes da cirurgia e organizei o conjunto a partir dele: casaco leve cor de menta, top branco, jeans escuros e uma clutch azul-petróleo, só para juntar mais cor.

O tempo tem estado perfeito e a luz jorra para dentro das nossas casas, como podem ver nas fotos. A primavera em Portugal é um tempo que todos deveriam desfrutar um dia.

Divirtam-se!

I'm pleased to be linking up with some beautiful ladies:

Style Elixir: Fridays Fab Favorites
Simple Sequins: Fashion item Friday
Mummy’s Got Style: Fashion Friday

Rachel the Hat: Passion for Fashion

My Look


Necklace / Colar - Parfois; dreamy alternative on Etsy
Cardigan - C&A; JCPenney (similar)
Top - H&M
Jeans - C&A; C&AC&A (similar)
Sandals / Sandálias - Aldo; Charlotte Russe (similar)
Clutch - Accessorize; Accessorize (similar)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário