segunda-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2014

My outfit #7 - A grey day

I let the grey weather come into my outfit. I decided that I wanted to look elegant today and had the silly feeling that it wasn't going to be so cold. It was as cold as usual, of course, and I regretted the lack of wool, but I was happy with the mirror.


The pencil skirt has been in my closet for over 20 years and it's a dark navy blue, a color hard to find, but I managed to find tights with the same exact shade. I've heard about the rule that tights should be the same color as the shoes, but I think that if they are the same color of the skirt they elongate our legs and that's what I do. The same black booties I wore yesterday were a good choice for footware.













The grey jumper was way too thin, but the stronger shade of blue in the scarf did more than just pop color: it warmed my poor neck nicely. The coat was yet another shade of blue, more to the navy side, and the long earrings added even more blue, but a shiny one.

This winter, I've been wearing quite a lot of same color layers, mixing shades instead of colors, especially when it comes to blues and greys. I find this easier to do, when the low temperatures demand layers of clothing for protection, and also an elegant (and simple!) way of creating an outfit early in the morning, not requiring too much thought.

Deixei o cinzento do tempo entrar na minha roupa. Decidi que queria ter um ar elegante, hoje, e tive tonta sensação de que o tempo não estaria tão frio. Esteve tão frio como de costume, claro, e arrependi-me de não vestir lã, mas fiquei contente com o espelho.


A saia justa está no meu armário há mais de 20 anos e é de um azul-escuro mesmo escuro, uma cor difícil de encontrar, mas lá consegui encontrar meias da mesma cor. Tenho conhecimento da regra que diz que as meias devem ser da cor dos sapatos, mas acho que se forem da cor da saia alongam mais as pernas e é assim mesmo que me visto. Os mesmos botins preto que usei ontem foram uma boa escolha para os pés.

A camisola cinza era demasiado fininha, mas o tom de azul mais forte do cachecol fez mais do que apenas juntar cor: aqueceu bem o meu pobre pescoço. O casaco era de um outro tom de azul, mais para o escuro, e os brincos compridos acrescentaram ainda mais azul, mas com brilho.



Este Inverno, tenho usado muitas vezes camadas da mesma cor, misturando tons em vez de cores, especialmente com azuis e cinzas. Acho que é mais fácil fazer assim, quando as baixas temperaturas exigem roupa em camadas, e é também uma forma elegante (e simples!) de criar um conjunto de manhã cedo, sem ser preciso pensar muito.


The Look


Skirt / saia - vintage
Jumper / Camisola - Promod
Scarf / Cachecol - gift
Coat / Casaco - Zara
Bag / Mala- old
Earrings / Brincos - Parfois

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário