domingo, 12 de janeiro de 2014

My outfit #6 - Lady in red

It's been a particularly grey day around here, rainy and cold and the kind of day you only wish to stay home. But we didn't... Myself, B. and a friend of his went out to watch a major football game on TV at one of our local coffee shops. This kind of sunday doesn't ask for an elaborate outfit, but I'm not one to go out too sporty, so I made up a sporty style of my own.



I wore a red woolen dress that I absolutely love with a black jumper for warmth and added black leggings. This gave my too-mini dress a certain sense of properness and turned an otherwise too girly piece into something I'm comfortable in. And goes to show how older girls can wear leggings and look good. It felt so good, underneath all that wool!

I ended up with a coat I had left in the closet for over a year and now I find myself wearing it over and over. You can see it here as well. It's black and white for the most part, but its thin teal and red stripes make it a good match for many outfits, especially since plaid came into fashion like a hurricane.


I love statement jewelry, but I think big red earrings are enough today. And finally, I get to show you my new booties. I got them in Spain, in Talavera de la Reina, and they are very comfortable, in spite of the high heel. I always thought booties were best styled with jeans or trousers, but elegant ones are proving themselves worthy of being shown off with dresses and skirts. For us, 40+ girls, the right booties can add some youthfulness to an outfit but keep style and elegance.

Have fun!


O dia hoje está particularmente cinzento, chuvoso e frio, exactamente o tipo de dia no qual se quer ficar em casa. Mas nós não ficámos… Eu, o B. e um amigo dele fomos ver um grande jogo de futebol na televisão, no café aqui perto. Este é o tipo de domingo que não pede uma roupa elaborada, mas não sou mulher de andar demasiado desportiva e por isso inventei um estilo desportivo só meu.

Usei um vestido vermelho de lã que adoro e juntei-lhe uma camisola preta para ficar mais quentinho e ainda umas leggings pretas. Isto proporcionou ao meu vestido demasiado mini um certo ar mais adequado e transformou uma peça que seria demasiado agarotada em algo no qual me sinto bem. E ainda mostra como as raparigas mais velhas podem usar leggings e ter um ar óptimo. Estava tão bem sob aquela lã toda!

Acabei por usar um casaco que tinha deixado no armário durante mais de um ano e agora dou comigo a usá-lo muito. Podem vê-lo aqui também. É sobretudo preto e branco, mas tem também riscas finas vermelhas e azul-petróleo que o tornam numa boa aposta para vários conjuntos, especialmente desde que o tartan invadiu a moda como um furacão.

Adoro bijuteria ousada, mas acho que brincos grandes e vermelhos são suficientes para hoje. E finalmente consigo mostrar-vos os meus novos botins. Comprei-os em Espanha, em Talavera de la Reina, e são muito confortáveis, apesar do salto alto. Sempre achei que os botins ficavam melhor com calças, mas os que são elegantes como estes andam a provar-me que são dignos de saias e vestidos. Para nós, raparigas de 40+, podem mesmo ser a forma de acrescentar frescura a um conjunto, mantendo o estilo e a elegância.


Divirtam-se!

I'm very pleased to be linking up with some wonderful women today: Patti at Not Dead Yet Style, Seeker at Searching The Inner Me, Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy and Alison at Long Distance Loving. Thank you very much, ladies!


The Look


Jumper / Camisola - Ada Gatti
Dress /Vestido - Tintoretto
Leggings - H&M
Boots / Botins - local store in Spain
Coat - C&A
Bag - Cortefiel

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário