sábado, 4 de janeiro de 2014

My outfit #5 - Teal saturday





Saturdays are quite often family-lunch days at B. parents' home and a time do dress up just a tiny little bit. We had a storm in Lisbon, today, and for the very first time in my whole life, my umbrella was destroyed by the wind. It was heartbreaking to see my favourite (and best) umbrella thorn apart like that. At least, I have an excuse to got shopping for a new one...



Not only it was a rainy day, but also a rather cold one, so I really wanted to go for the woolen pieces in my closet, but didn't want to look too gloomy, so I picked up a charcoal skirt with matching tights and boots but chose different shades of teal for the upper part. I wore 3 layers of teal, the lighter one being the scarf. I keept in mind Coco Chanel's statement that darker colours age our faces, so I went darker on the body and lighter next to the head. The skirt is quite unforgiving, so I wore a loose and sleeveless jumper over it and added a little interest with the scarf.

As I've mentioned before, I love plaid. And I happen to own an old jacket just with the right colours: grey and white, with a little red and teal. This was just what it took to make it an ensemble. The jewelry played a part too, from the watch to the earrings. I love bold statement earrings, but I belive they dont't go very well with necklaces, so this was the moment to wear these. I'm very fond of these earrings because they were the first I made for myself and are extra-light, therefore perfect for a whole day activity. As usual on family moments, the make up is neutral and natural.

Have a wonderful weekend!


Os sábados são frequentemente dias de almoço de família na casa dos pais do B. e são também ocasião para me aperaltar só um bocadinho pequenino. Hoje, tivemos uma tempestade em Lisboa e pela primeira vez na vida o meu chapéu-de-chuva foi totalmente destruído pelo vento. Foi um desgosto ver o meu chapéu-de-chuva preferido (e o melhor) despedaçado daquela maneira. Pelo menos sempre tenho desculpa para comprar um novo...




O dia não foi apenas chuvoso, mas também frio, e por isso queria usar peças de lã, mas não queria ter um ar demasiado sombrio. Por isso, escolhi uma saia cinza escuro, com collants e botas a condizer, mas preferi vários tons de azul-petróleo para a parte de cima. Usei 3 camadas de azul diferentes, sendo que a mais clara é a do cachecol. Lembrei-me da afirmação de Coco Chanel, que dizia que as cores escuras nos envelhecem o rosto, e por isso a parte mais escura foi para o corpo e a mais leve para a cabeça. A saia não perdoa nadinha, por isso usei uma camisola sem mangas e bastante solta por cima e acrescentei algum interesse com o cachecol.

Como já antes disse, adoro o tartan. E acontece que tenho um casaco já antigo com as cores certas: cinza e branco, com um toque de vermelho e de azul-petróleo. Foi tudo o que era necessário para criar um verdadeiro conjunto. A bijuteria teve um papel importante, desde o relógio aos brincos. Adoro brincos arrojados e grandes, mas acho que não ficam bem com colares, por isso este foi o momento certo para usar estes. Tenho um carinho especial por estes brincos, porque foram os primeiros que fiz para mim e são extra-leves, o que os torna perfeitos para andar um dia inteiro. Como é costume nas ocasiões familiares, a maquilhagem é neutra e natural.

Tenham um óptimo fim-de-semana!




I'm pleased to be linking up with Seeker and her fabulous Très Chic Style Bits. I'm also linking up with Anne from Spy Girl and her 52 Pick-me-up challenge (something you haven't wore in a year, i.e.,  the jacket) and another great, great blog, the Blue Hue Wonderland. Thank you so much, ladies.

The Look


Skirt / saia - Promod
Jumper / camisola - Promod
Jumper / camisola - Tintoretto
Boots / Botas - C&A
Bag / Mala - Cortefiel
Jewelry - Mios
Watch - Vintage


hop.mango.com/US/p0/mango/clothing/bow-long-sleeve-shirt/?id=14013567_PG&n=1&s=prendas.tops&ident=0__0_0_1388884970373&ts=1388884970373

http://nelly.com/uk/womens-fashion/clothing/jackets-and-coats/minkpink-781/fine-time-fur-vest-781131-1420/?utm_source=affwin&utm_medium=cpo&utm_campaign=affwin_92295




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário